Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Twilight Release!





Ok, now I really must admit (like everyone else) how resistant I was to this whole "Twilight" movement. I watched "True Blood", great. My mom told me she heard through the grapevine that this Mormon lady wrote this great love story. I didn't buy into it. It took a trip to Austria, a little boredom, and an empty study abroad apartment with the whole book series to start reading. My roommates were well-educated vampiristas encouraging my re-education with "Twilight". "You'll see things in a whole new way" they would say. Yeah, sure. Uh huh.

But my cardboard Ikea furniture sucked me in and I sat for hours flipping the pages as fast as I could. It only took a week or so to be completely devoured by the whole fantasy of Edward and Bella.

So all of that led me to where I am now, reflecting on November 20th 12p.m. The night that broke records with over $26 million in that night alone. My local college theater took on 15 showings, mine 12:07, where home-made t-shirts and an overwhelming amount of estrogen took over. My fellow obsessor, Brandi, pushed me out of the door 2 hours early only to drive to a packed parking lot and half-crowded theater.

I thought we were early.

Nonetheless, I found myself cheering as soon as that golden full moon hit the chattery theater. The first time we saw Jacob's perfect tanned six-pack when he took off his shirt to wipe the blood off of Bella's face....





HEAVEN.

Fight it as you might but I just think it's impossible. "Twilight" will always win.

Trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment